Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vermouth Cassis

A while back, I wanted to make kirs, and so I bought a bottle of Creme de Cassis. Unfortunately, I bought a really cheap bottle, and so it's been a struggle to get rid of it. Flipping though my copy of Schumann looking for a random beverage, I came across the. Not only did it use creme de cassis, but it used a very small amount, so I thought it would be perfect for getting rid of just a bit more of that bottle.

It's a bit bitter, with a nasty aftertaste that I assume is from the cheap creme de cassis. Other than that, it's not bad. The lemon peel is necessary to lighten up the flavor, especially with the substitution of Cocchi Americano for the dry vermouth making it a bit thicker and boozier. I used a relatively small glass, so there was also less soda in here than there might have been. Recipe after the jump.



Vermouth Cassis
1/4 oz Creme de Cassis
1 3/4 oz Dry Vermouth (used Cocchi Americano)
fill with soda, twist lemon peel and add to drink

No comments:

Post a Comment