Monday, February 27, 2012

Candied Walnuts!

Typically, when I want a snack, I'll just munch on some cheese or crackers, maybe some chips. But lately, I've been trying to cook more snacks, just to get a bit more variety. Today, I noticed a bag of walnuts laying around in the kitchen. So I decided to make walnuts!

The kind folks at California Walnuts have a bunch of recipes on their website. I figured candied walnuts sounded pretty tasty, and even better, their recipe uses maple syrup. After tossing the walnuts in syrup and sesame seeds, I put them in the oven at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, and stirred them once. They came out tasty, though perhaps slightly overdone. Recipe after the jump.

Maple Candied Walnuts
4 cups walnuts
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp sesame seeds

1. Combine walnuts and maple syrup in a large bowl; mix until evenly coated. Stir in sesame seeds.

2. Spread on non-stick, or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, stirring twice, until walnuts are lightly browned.

3. Cool on baking sheet; walnuts will become dry and crunchy as they cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment