Friday, March 23, 2012

Life on the Half Shell

Photo by Yumi Kimura on flickr
It's springtime, and that always has me craving oysters. In that vein, Metrocurean has a list of 5 great oyster happy hours:
BlackByrd Warehouse Great DJs and good deals on oysters: Sunday-Thursday, oysters are $1 from 5:30-7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.-1 a.m.
BlackSalt This Palisades neighborhood joint offers a dozen oysters for $12 and half-dozen for $6, as well as other food specials, in the bar and cafe 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 4-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
Hank's Oyster Bar Should the urge to slurp hit you late-night, the Dupont location of Hank's offers half price raw bar items nightly from 11 p.m. to midnight.
Old Ebbitt By far one of the city's most popular spots for oysters and for good reason. The famous Oyster Happy Hour features half off all raw bar items Monday-Thursday from 3-6 p.m. and 11 p.m.-1 a.m., and Sunday nights from 11 p.m.-1 a.m.
Pearl Dive Oyster PalaceWith the breezy new patio and open window in front, Pearl Dive's bar is where I'm finding myself many evenings. Monday through Friday from 4-7 p.m., local oysters are two for one and select wines by the glass are $5.
Their choices are great, though for no good reason I prefer Clyde's to Old Ebbitt. They have the same deal as Old Ebbitt, but it's not as, I don't know, touristy? as Old Ebbitt. I wish I had had the chance to eat more oysters when I was in New Orleans. Brasserie Beck also has great oysters, half off during their late night happy hour. Readers, any other good places for oysters?

No comments:

Post a Comment