Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Last Word


One of the reasons I wanted to make a Last Word was for the word play. This probably makes me a bad person. But it's a classic cocktail, and it has both cherry and chartreuse, so I figured it would be pretty tasty. The recipe requires maraschino liqueur, however, and I only have Cherry Herring. A friend assured me I could substitute the Cherry Heering for the maraschino, and so I did.

My friend was wrong. The Heering made it way too thick and syrupy. The flavor wasn't horrible, but way too rich, and not balanced at all. I want to try it again, once I get my hands on some maraschino, but please, don't make it with Cherry Heering. I'll never make that mistake again. Recipe, courtesy of Cocktail Chronicles, after the jump.

Last Word
3/4 ounce gin
3/4 ounce lime juice
3/4 ounce green Chartreuse
3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur

Shake well with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Shut up and drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment