Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Taste of the Nation in review

My wife and I went to Taste of the Nation on Monday (preview here). I didn't take notes, so I'm not going to do a full overview, but we had a great time and can't wait to go again next year. The food was great. It was a bit heavy on the seafood, but there was enough non-seafood dishes that you wouldn't go hungry if you didn't care for oysters or mussels. Or scallops in a saffron calamari broth (our favorite dish). The drinks were good too, though I was less impressed with them in general than with the food. Some pictures below.
Dean Gold with his tasty testa.

The tables were arranged in four-somes.

The space at the National Building Museum is incredible.

I forget what this was called, but it was fun, and not as messy as you'd expect.

Hanging around outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment