Friday, April 20, 2012

New Beach Bar coming from Passenger

Photo by Ian Carroll from flickr
According to Prince of Petworth, there's going to be a new bar coming to Mt. Vernon Square. A beach bar:
In May, Brown [Tom owner of The Passenger] plans to unveil the New York Avenue Beach Bar in what is now an empty parking lot adjacent to the Warehouse Theater, around the corner from the Passenger’s front door. He and his partners are bringing “about 80 tons” of sand to fill the 5,500-square-foot space, along with multiple bars, picnic tables, umbrellas, lounge chairs, food trucks and “luxury trailers” containing bathrooms outfitted with running water.
 I honestly don't know what to think. If it were anyone other than Tom Brown, I'd think it sounded horrible. But I love the Passenger, and I really think he could pull it off. If nothing else, I'll definitely give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment