Monday, January 23, 2012

Yellow Vendor

Love this food truck! Yellow Vendor is the first food truck I ever tried, and I was into it from the start. They serve Korean food, but I've only ever gotten the spicy bulgogi. It may be pretty one note, but for comfort food, it's a very good note. They serve the strips of beef on a bed of rice in a thick, spicy red pepper sauce, with a side of salad and kimchi. I feel like the kimchi could be more pungent, and the coldness of it contrasts poorly with warmth of the beef. But it does help cut the unctuousness of the beef a bit, and so is an important side. I don't know what the purpose of the salad is. It doesn't seem to really go with the bulgogi, and I've never tried it. It's a pretty simple iceberg lettuce salad, so not really tempting. If you happen to see Yellow Vendor in your area, you should give it a try; you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment