Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apple Beverage

Image from Geek Philosopher: Instant download of free stock photos, images, backgrounds, and desktop wallpapers. Pictures can be used  on personal or commercial web sites.
Image from geekphilosopher.com.
So I've been working on a cocktail that tastes like an apple. It's hard! I started off with Applejack, lemon juice, and Domaine de Canton. The first iteration was quite good, but very, very lemony. I'll post it here sometime. The second was more apple like, but still too lemony, so I switched to lemon vodka. I'll need to fool around a bit more, but the lemon vodka is the right idea, I think. Last night I tried something a bit different -- I threw together lemon vodka, St. Germain, and Applejack. It didn't really work. There might be a good drink in there somewhere, but it's not going to be particularly apple-flavored. This iteration had too much St. Germain, so it mostly tasted like elderflower. I wonder if some dry vermouth might not help some of these recipes?

3 comments:

  1. Not sure about an apple drink itself, but one of our favorites when we're out is an apple pie shot which is ginger ale, apple pucker, and cinnamon schnapps. Maybe if you added some sort of soda and/or mixer to the party it might be easier to achieve a true apple flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! I think adding something carbonated would ruin the mouthfeel I'm going for with this. Cinnamon is a good idea; I was also thinking maybe trying some allspice dram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said mixer too. They're not all carbonated. :-p

    ReplyDelete