Monday, June 25, 2012

Negroni Punch


As long time readers of the blog are aware, I'm a big fan of the Negroni. But sometimes, I want something a bit lighter, especially when it's hot out. For a long time, I went for a Campari soda to get that nice refreshing bitterness. But this past weekend, I happened to have a grapefruit lying around, so I thought I'd see what I could do with it. I like the way negronis go with grapefruit anyway, so that's where I went.

I combined the juice of half of the grapefruit with an oversized negroni, and topped it off with soda water. I think I should have gone with a normal sized negroni, since there wasn't a whole lot of room for the soda when everything was said and done. But it ended up good enough that my wife made me make her one, so not too shabby. It's a great drink for an overly hot summer afternoon. Recipe after the jump.

Negroni Punch
Juice of half a small grapefruit (about an ounce)
1.5 oz Campari
1.5 oz Gin
1.5 oz Sweet Vermouth
Shake, then strain into a pint glass. Top off with soda water and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment