Thursday, May 3, 2012

Green Bitch


When I first got a bottle of Green Chartreuse, I experimented with it like mad. There's really nothing quite like it, and I wanted to try it in a variety of settings. One of the things I learned is that strong flavors can balance each other out, creating a complex, layered drink. The Green Bitch demonstrates this nicely. Here, the mezcal and Chartreuse balance each other out, so the Cointreau dominates initially with a burst of orange. After that, you get waves of smokiness from the mezcal and herbs from the Chartreuse. It's quite good, though I suppose if I were inclined to tinker, I might decrease the amount of Cointreau so that it's less sweet. Recipe after the jump.



Green Bitch
1.5 oz Gin
1 oz Cointreau
.5 oz Green Chartreuse
.5 oz Mezcal
Hopped Grapefruit Bitters

No comments:

Post a Comment