Thursday, January 3, 2013

State of the Blog: 2013


I've had this blog for about a year now. I always told myself I'd do a year, and then see how I felt about it. The good news for both of my fans is that I'm going to continue the blog, but I need to make it more fun for me. Originally, I wanted to make sure I had at least one post a day. In order to make that happen, I created the Small Plates posts -- they were something easy I could do, even when my work schedule ramped up. The problem is twofold. First, I just don't enjoy writing them, or any of the administrative work behind them. Second, when I'm not posting much other than them, it makes the blog look like just a rehash of other people's posts. So those posts are out. I still plan on covering any news that looks particularly exciting, but that will be in an individual post.

Other than that, you can expect more of the same commentary on my cooking and drinking, and I'm hoping to do a better job of posting reviews. As far as new content goes, I'll have a post up later today or tomorrow talking about a new series I'm hoping to start soon. Happy new year to both of you, and if either of you has a suggestion for what you'd like to see, please feel free to make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment