Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DC Greek Food


I enjoy gyros, but particularly for lunch. It's never seemed to me like a real dinner food. But, I haven't found a decent food truck with gyros, and I live near the Greek Spot, so I usually only end up getting them for dinner. But the other day I saw a new (at least to me) Greek food truck, and the Yelp! reviews weren't bad, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I'm glad I did.

The gyro used pretty typical ingredients -- meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, and feta, in a pita. There was about the right amount of each ingredient; perhaps too much lettuce, but there was enough meat that I didn't feel like they were stuffing it. There was definitely some seasoning on the meat, though probably not quite enough, and it was pretty cubed, not sliced off a rotisserie the way it should be. In addition, the feta was pretty bland. It's not too expensive, at $7, and definitely a cut above the typical food truck gyro. On the other hand, they're nowhere near as good as Greek Spot or the Greek Deli. They also have a vegetable platter, Greek salad, chicken over rice, and a combo platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment