Monday, July 30, 2012

Tryst

Photo by dcJohn, on flickr
Tryst is a long-time stalwart of the Adams Morgan scene, and is probably best thought of as a full service coffee shop. Seating is first come first serve, and they have several specialty coffee options, including single-origin coffee. I've only had their coffee once, and thought it was too bitter, but your mileage may vary. Other than the coffee, everything I've had has been above average.

I have been there several times, usually for their lunch options, and these are typically good. The nachos -- good. The sandwiches -- good. The waffle sandwich -- okay. But I've never had a dish there I thought was great. The drinks are, again, good. The beer selection is above average, and they have a variety of cocktails. But nothing here stands out enough for me to make a special effort to come here if I'm not already in Adams Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment